(Adopted by the congregation on April 24, 2009)
Having been brought by God’s grace to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ we now, in dependence upon His Spirit, resolve to live by faith, and so establish this covenant with each other.
1. We will work and pray for the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. (Eph 4:3)
2. We will be devoted to one another in brotherly love. With humility and gentleness we will patiently bear with each other, forgiving, encouraging and building one another up, exercising watchfulness over each other and admonishing one another when necessary. (Luke 17:3; Col 3:13; 1 Thes 5:11; 1 Pet 1:22)
5. We will rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep, helping to carry each other’s burdens. (Rom 12:15)
6. We will seek, by God’s help, to live carefully in this world, denying ungodliness and worldly passions. We will strive to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age, as we wait for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ. (Titus 2:12; 1 Pet 1:14)
7. We will defend and maintain an evangelical ministry in this church by supporting and upholding:
- The preaching of the Word of God (2 Tim 4:2)
8. We will contribute cheerfully, generously and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel through all nations. (Matt 28:19; Luke 12:33; 2 Cor 9:7)
9. We will, when we move from this place, as soon as possible unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen. (2 Cor 13:14)